live at Saturday Sessions, Studio 188 Ipswich
Saturday 27 April
188 Brisbane Street, Ipswich QLD
All Tickets $25.00
Table (of 4) $72.00
8.00 pm – 10:00 pm
(07) 3810 6100
Brisbane based six-piece MZAZA are committed to delivering Balkan-French sounds to folk lovers around the world. Lead by enchanting French-Sephardic vocalist Pauline Maudy, this award-winning group of musicians from Bosnia, Latvia, Greece, Turkey, France and Australia has been mesmerising audiences with powerful and inspired performances and recordings. The impressive musicianship of MZAZA – deftly realised with accordion, violin, percussion, double bass and Flamenco guitar – embraces diversity, the old and the new, the familiar and the foreign.
Some milestones include:
- 2018 – 6 show tour of Europe, plus seven days in a studio in Athens recording their third album.
- 2017 – 18 show tour of Queensland courtesy of arTour and Arts Queensland.
- 2016 – 20 date European tour (2016) inc. 4 festival appearances.
- 2015 – Album release; Ghosts, mixed by ARIA-nominated engineer Robin Mai and featured a collection of impressive musical collaborators. Ghosts spent three weeks in the AMRAP Metro Charts, was feature album on Melbourne’s PBS and spent five weeks in 4ZZZ’s top 20. Ghosts tracks received two Queensland Music Awards (2015, 2016)
- 2012 – Album release; Journey Over Skin three tracks Highly Commended in the Queensland Music Awards
MZAZA’s festival highlights include Cygnet, National and Woodford Folk Festivals, MONA FOMA, and Queensland Music Festival. While their support highlights include Violent Femmes (USA), Yasmin Levy (Israel), Melbourne Ska Orchestra (AUS), Baba Zula and Baro Banda (Turkey), and DJ Click (France).