Book The Venue
Studio 188 is available for hire for a range of productions, events, functions, film screenings, music recording and performances. Formerly the art-deco Old Baptist Church, the space provides a vibrant arts complex that serves as a multi-purpose arts and cultural centre for community and cultural activities.
Because each event is different, please email your hire enquiry using the below contact form. The following information is an introduction to the Conditions of Hire and the Hire Agreement:
- Functions can commence Monday to Saturday from 8.00am
- Functions can commence on Sundays from 9.00am
- All Functions are to be completed no later than 12.00am on weekdays/weekends
Studio 188 Technical Specifications
This new venue has been fully equipped with the latest sound, visual and lighting technology. A suitably qualified technician is required to erect any staging equipment and provide any sound and/or lighting requirements.
Cutting Edge Video
Live Recording Equipment
Plug in Internet Access
Sound and Lighting Systems
Vocal recording Studio
Staging and Rigging
Projector and Screen
- Acting Space – 5.5m width (lift to stairs) x 4.6m depth (curtain to stage edge)
- Height from floor to stage – Approx. 1m
- Height from stage floor to truss – 3.2m
- Dressing room – 1 x change room 4.5m x 3.6m
The booking process requires approval of an Application Form and then a signed Hire Agreement. Community applicants may be eligible for fee relief.
The person signing the Application Form and Hire Agreement must be over the age of 18 and promises Ipswich City Council that he or she has the power to do so and to bind the customer to everything in the Hire Agreement.
For further information contact the Ipswich Civic Centre on (07) 3810 6699.